Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ovaltine Brownies

This recipe makes me love Devan even more. Since MOST of you hadn't ever had Ovaltine, I was so excited when Devan posted this recipe on her blog. She gave me permission to post it here.

I'm vindicated! Mwa ha ha!!
**********

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter
1/2 cup flour
1 and 1/3 cup rich chocolate ovaltine
1/4 tsp baking powder

Mix sugar, eggs and vanilla. Cream with butter. Add dry ingredients until well blended. Grease pan (8x11) and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes approximately. They have a yummy crusty top and sides, while the middle is squishy, chocolately goodness. I like to cut two, put ice cream in the middle and freeze for a short while.

They tend to get a little chewy around the edges while the middle is still soft, so the recipe isn't perfect, but still yummy.

Technorati Tags: brownie, Ovaltine

7 comments:

Heather said...

I lurve some brownies. But I've lost my highly skilled baking knack for brownies. Such a tragedy to the world.

Anonymous said...

I always buy Ovaltine! My middle son went through a phase where he wouldn't drink milk unless it was chocolate, so I started buying Ovaltine so he would at least be getting some vitamins with his chocolate milk. Then I discovered I liked it too :) I will definitely try these brownies!

Caffeine Court said...

I LOVE Ovaltine! This recipe sounds awesome. Maybe the girls and I will bake us up some brownies tomorrow!

Motherhood Uncensored said...

Ha. I thought it said

OVULATE brownies.

God I need sleep.

Unknown said...

We just made these. mmmmm

jason.brueckner said...

So, I accidently made double the helping.

Turned out nice. real nice.

Thanks!

Sarah said...

Thank you for this! My girls are addicted to Ovaltine! I can't wait to make these!