Sunday, October 14, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie

Yet another delicious submission from Impostor Mom! This one is great, and could come in very handy next month with all those Thanksgiving leftovers!

2-3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (also works with turkey)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 bag frozen peas and carrots
1 cup bisquick
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
1 cup milk

Mix chicken, veggies, soup and broth together and pour into a non-stick sprayed casserole dish. Mix bisquick, butter and milk together and pour over chicken filling. Spread batter to the edge of the casserole. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes or until the top is brown. Serve, salt and pepper and enjoy!

4 comments:

ImpostorMom said...

I'm glad you like it! I make this one ahead a lot too. That way it's ready to just pop in the oven for dinner with no prep. It also makes a good dish to give to people, say when they have a new baby, because it reheats well too.

Windyridge said...

I am going to print this recipe, it's easier than the traditional pot pies

Anna said...

Okay, yum and thank you! The chicken pot pie I make is from the Julia and Jaques cookbook and takes, oh, a week, so I NEVER MAKE IT. And I LOVE pot pie.

Off to the kitchen I go, thank you!

InHim said...

I will try this!!! Sounds great.

enoveltysigns.com