Thursday, September 27, 2007

Taco Bake

1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
1 can of Condensed tomato soup OR 1 can of red enchilada sauce*
1 C of salsa
1/2 C of milk
6 flour tortillas or 8 corn-tortillas** cut into 1 inch pieces
2 C of shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese (reserve about 1/2 C for sprinkling on top of casserole)
chopped onion to taste
Optional add ins: chopped black olives, chopped green chilies, drained black beans, chopped jalapenos.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook meat and onions together in a skillet. Add remaining ingredients, then spoon into a 2 pt. shallow baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Add reserved cheese, bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.

*I prefer this recipe with enchilada sauce.
**I think the corn tortillas are better in this recipe.

Technorati tags: Easy Recipe, Main Dish, Mexican, recipe

5 comments:

tulipmom said...

Oooo ... more Mexican and more beef!! I can't seem to get enough red meat these days!!

Unknown said...

That sounds really great. We love Mexican food.

Heather said...

Oh I do lurve me some Mexican food.

This sounds great, along with a bucket of margaritas!

Mommy Daisy said...

Mmm, this reminds me of a taco caserole recipe I have. And I haven't made it in a while. I better get it out again. I think my son would love it.

deyu said...

hey wanna change links with me ?

site : http://www.sweetmess.net nice site full messenger resources