Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pineapple Chicken Salad

I found this recipe the other day and decided to try it. I changed it up a bit and came up with this version, which surely is better than than the original. At least I think so, anyway.

1 package of chicken breast tenderloins, boiled for 5 minutes (or until cooked), cooled, then shredded
1/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/3 cup plus 2 TB Mayonnaise
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, mostly drained, a little juice makes the chicken salad extra yummy.
Romaine lettuce leaves

Mix all the ingredients (except the romaine lettuce.) Chicken salad tastes better if made at least 4 hours ahead and best if made the night before. Serve in romaine lettuce leaf wraps.

Tasty and healthy. What more could you want!

12 comments:

adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

adam brown said...

Hi again, see tthis is the site i told you i signed up to. It has some nice information about how to make money using OPP, i think you might find it interesting. here it is. bye!

Schufafrei said...

I always like salad.I decided to try it.

Luxusimmobilien said...

pineapple salad..its looks and taste both are nice.

Multifuncional said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

gewinnspiele kostenlos said...

I do love fresh herbs and this sounds down right delicious. You make it seem so easy to prepare. I really want to try it. I must make these sometime soon.

festplatte datenrettung said...

I think salad is more helpful for our health.I like all type of salad.I Love Chicken salad for its better taste.

Photobuch said...

Yeah, It is Delicious. I tried at home and the test is good. Thanks for your post and sharing with us.

BMX said...

If you shared a picture of this Pineapple chicken Salad it will be more clear to us.

Kredite ohne Schufa said...

I would like to response this delicious like all type of salad

lastminute urlaub said...

Good recipe. Thanks for your information.

sara's art house said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm this looks good!